When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
I love this phrase. This phrase contains sadness and happiness. It directs the reader to make something fun out of something sad. In some strange way this phrase led me to some of the rebirthing sessions I’ve guided this week via video skype.
While this lady over fifty was crying her heart out over not even feeling she has a choice in different situations, she suddenly burst into laughter. Laughter changed into crying again. I was looking at my screen, a bit in doubt, because I wondered if she was laughing or crying. She cleared my doubt by sharing she was laughing. I commented that laughter heals, she totally agreed. I forgot to ask why she started laughing in the first place.
Another lady in her thirties started and finished the session off with laughter. In between she cried her heart and eyes out. She was able to direct her anger towards her parents in stead of down talking herself over and over again. She let out this destructive energy by stamping her feet, throwing her arms around, screaming the hell out of her and jumping up and down.
And this mixture of laughing and crying showed me these ladies were making lemonade. It shows a huge strength when you’re able to laugh when you’re feeling completely miserable.
The lemons given to the highly sensitive people I guide are diverse:
- Being brought up by parents who are not able to communicate about emotions,
- Being fired away as a kid by an angry and dominant parent,
- Too be sensitive is to be weird, dreamy, a crybaby, shy, fearful, anti-social in the eyes of others,
- Because of childhood trauma’s still living out of fear, anger, sadness, shame and guilt as an adult,
- Growing up in an environment in which natural born talents were not seen nor stimulated,
- Living up to parent’s expectations in stead of discovering your own path in life.
It’s up to you to make lemonade out of these lemons. It’s not easy, but it is sure doable. And you will finally fully enjoy your home-made lemonade!
Choosing to emotionally develop takes you to different surprising tastes of lemonade:
- Embracing your highly sensitive self; yes, you are spontaneous, yes you are quirky, yes you are dreamy, yes you are a “mind & heart”-reader, yes you are attentive to the needs of others, yes you are creative, yes you are … (fill in the blanks yourself),
- Attracting jobs, relationship(s) and friends which and who resonate with your soul,
- Feeling safe, loved and appreciated on a daily basis; from self-love comes greatness,
- More physical and mental energy to do the things you like,
- Able to choose easily for the situations in which you will thrive and easily turning down the proposals which will drain your energy level,
- Living your own path and feeling natural self-confident about the steps you take.
If you’re interested in finding out what life coaching and rebirthing can bring you, I invite you to make an appointment for an introduction session, either in my coaching practice in The Hague or via video skype. Click here to read more about the introduction session.