At the moment I am in the train on my way to Utrecht to give a training on HSP and communicating your bounderies. This gives me time to have a little tête-à-tête with you on this insta-couch and facebook page.
I am so freaking proud of my hubby Arnold. To me he is thé example of a highly sensitive man chasing his ultimate dream. And to some extent we are in this together living our creative life based on our talents. But there are differences. The main difference is that Arnold is most happy when he or someone else puts a camera in front of his face so he can share his take on life. I am most happy when I see people processing their deepest limiting/ destructive emotions.
I’ll take you on a quick tour through his creative journey.
💫 He started out life with three nutrition titles on his name: two bachelors and one master.
💫 He never started a job based on those titles. Instead he ran his capoeira organization for 10 years: a capoeira group and giving all kinds of capoeira workhops to children and adults.
💫 During start-up of his capoeira organization a burn-out took him down. (And still dealing with a continuous headache while pursuing his ultimate dream)
💫 If determination would be a title given out by higher education establishments he would be given this title. While running his capoeira organization he pursued his dream to tell jokes on stage as a comedian. These 4 years were characterized by achievements and setbacks, but in general every step took him closer to be at ease with the most happy, cheerful and light version of himself.
💫 *deep sigh* And now finally he is putting in practice what the comedy world taught him: to simply be himself doing the things in life which gives him the most pleasure and joy. Parallel to this very important aspect he gets paid doing so. Living a highly sensitive creative life is possible. It’s not easy, but it’s gratifying to the max!!
Head over to his Insta @arnoldbalde to see what he is up too.
Like & follow his facebook page to support this crazy and super sensitive goal-orientated creator: https://www.facebook.com/voedinggezondheidleven/
Thanks a lot!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
I love this phrase. This phrase contains sadness and happiness. It directs the reader to make something fun out of something sad. In some strange way this phrase led me to some of the rebirthing sessions I’ve guided this week via video skype.
While this lady over fifty was crying her heart out over not even feeling she has a choice in different situations, she suddenly burst into laughter. Laughter changed into crying again. I was looking at my screen, a bit in doubt, because I wondered if she was laughing or crying. She cleared my doubt by sharing she was laughing. I commented that laughter heals, she totally agreed. I forgot to ask why she started laughing in the first place.
Another lady in her thirties started and finished the session off with laughter. In between she cried her heart and eyes out. She was able to direct her anger towards her parents in stead of down talking herself over and over again. She let out this destructive energy by stamping her feet, throwing her arms around, screaming the hell out of her and jumping up and down.
And this mixture of laughing and crying showed me these ladies were making lemonade. It shows a huge strength when you’re able to laugh when you’re feeling completely miserable.
The lemons given to the highly sensitive people I guide are diverse:
- Being brought up by parents who are not able to communicate about emotions,
- Being fired away as a kid by an angry and dominant parent,
- Too be sensitive is to be weird, dreamy, a crybaby, shy, fearful, anti-social in the eyes of others,
- Because of childhood trauma’s still living out of fear, anger, sadness, shame and guilt as an adult,
- Growing up in an environment in which natural born talents were not seen nor stimulated,
- Living up to parent’s expectations in stead of discovering your own path in life.
It’s up to you to make lemonade out of these lemons. It’s not easy, but it is sure doable. And you will finally fully enjoy your home-made lemonade!
Choosing to emotionally develop takes you to different surprising tastes of lemonade:
- Embracing your highly sensitive self; yes, you are spontaneous, yes you are quirky, yes you are dreamy, yes you are a “mind & heart”-reader, yes you are attentive to the needs of others, yes you are creative, yes you are … (fill in the blanks yourself),
- Attracting jobs, relationship(s) and friends which and who resonate with your soul,
- Feeling safe, loved and appreciated on a daily basis; from self-love comes greatness,
- More physical and mental energy to do the things you like,
- Able to choose easily for the situations in which you will thrive and easily turning down the proposals which will drain your energy level,
- Living your own path and feeling natural self-confident about the steps you take.
If you’re interested in finding out what life coaching and rebirthing can bring you, I invite you to make an appointment for an introduction session, either in my coaching practice in The Hague or via video skype. Click here to read more about the introduction session.
As you might have read in the blog ‘HSP: Let the pain surface so joy can replace the freed space’; in 2011 I decided to put myself forward as a coach for highly sensitive people. It took me 11 years to realize this fully. In the year 2000 I read the book ‘The Highly Sensitive Child’ written by Elaine N. Aron. In 2008 I was conscious of the fact that the people I coach were a lot like me: caring, creative, intuitive and with soft and loving souls. Below you can read through more of the characteristics of highly sensitive people:
1. Have great imagination
2. Have great intellectual abilities
3. Are creative
4. Have a curious mind
5. Are hard workers
6. Are good problem solvers
7. Are extremely conscious and compassionate
8. Are intuitive, caring and spiritual
9. Have a strong sense of aesthetic awareness
10. Respect nature, art and music greatly
11. Have profound and intense sensations
12. Can access important information from the unconscious mind
13. Have a depth of understanding and feelings
14. Are objective and can see the bigger picture
Also read this article on the “16 Habits of Highly Sensitive People”.
Let the pain surface so joy can replace it. That’s the work I guide during sessions. Not everyone is ready, but sessions can also be experienced as a mental preparation for the emotional and physical work which is ahead. Lots of people have the need to understand with their mind before they can let go of the fear to feel what has been hiding in the body for years.
As a life coach I have studied different mental techniques to guide mental and emotional shifts. After having worked almost 11 years as a life coach I have arrived at the place where my soul’s purpose and the people who resonate with my work have come together. People of all ages. It’s not about age, it has never been about age, but about me feeling secure enough to tell everyone how I can help them. When I was 26 years old there were people who judged me. I let myself be judged and decided to study more coaching techniques. This year I will turn 37 years and I am happy to share more of the work I do.
Since 2004 my vision and mission has been the same. My vision is that more and more people will hear the calling of their hearts and souls and take action upon this. My mission is to help these people to release the pain they are carrying within so it can be replaced by the joy fueled by sharing their innate talents and qualities.
In 2011 I decided to put myself forward as a coach for highly sensitive people. It took me 11 years to realize this fully. In the year 2000 I read the book ‘The Highly Sensitive Child’ written by Elaine N. Aron. In 2008 I was conscious of the fact that the people I coach were a lot like me: caring, creative, intuitive and with soft and loving souls. The following year I wrote two articles on high sensitivity for a Dutch lifestylewebmagazine. These articles were well received, but still it didn’t clicked. It took two more years and while my unconsciousness was adding up all the high sensitivity events it finally clicked in the summer of 2011; one year after the birth of my daughter who’s now almost 5 years old.
The biggest insight of my life came to me after the birth of my daughter. I was holding a precious, pure, loving and fully feeling soul and could only feel a magnificence joy and gratitude for LIFE. People are born sensitive. We loose a great deal of this sensitivity when we are surrounded by caretakers who haven’t worked through their pain, sadness and anger. These energies definitely influence the baby: while growing in the womb and the years after birth up until 6 years old are the years in which the child creates convictions about life. Is life good for them or is life dangerous and should you always be careful? Shall I show my talent or will it be criticized?
Have you experienced your portion of hurdles in life in relationship to work, love relationships and parenting? Have you arrived at crossroads with arrows pointing in many directions? Are you ready for positive change or better said: eager for life changing reflection and action? If so, I invite you to make an appointment for an introduction session.
Take a look here for the Orchid of Life Prices and Options. Are you a Spanish native speaker? Please take a look at this blog ‘Si me siento como una persona sensible’.
The following Dutch people make it possible to have a Ted Event in the Netherlands:
“TEDxRotterdam is founded by Myron Freeling and Isis Spuijbroek, who were granted the right to organize TEDxRotterdam by the TED organization. TEDxRotterdam is organized by a nonprofit foundation. TEDxRotterdam is made possible because of the partnerships with affilated organizations, companies and entrepeneurs.”
Check out the site for more information: http://www.tedxrdam.nl/
Register yourself and write an inspiring motivation why they should invite you to this event!!
What’s your idea worth spreading?
– The idea that we should strive for TRUE LOVE. True love is possible if you are willing to open your heart by overcoming all negative emotions such as fear, anger, and disappointment.
What are you made of?
– Made of pure love. A clear mind who can reflect the underlying emotions which people tend to hide consciously or unconsciously.
Which of your heroes should be included in Tedx Rotterdam and why?
– My partner Arnold Emile Balde, because sometimes I feel like I am living with Buddha himself. He keeps his calm in many situations, eager to learn and spreads his fysical, musical and spiritual creativity with capoeira and he is a major connector of people from different cultures.
So, do you think I will get invited to this event? 😉